Click Here to see current image
6 1 13
Live Rock Cam sponsored by
Brant Mortgage 
303-660-3112

4 21 14
Live Webcam Sponsored by
1 Clear Choice Garage Doors in the
King Soopers Center off Founders/Meadows Pkwy.
1 Clear Choice
303-565-6409

Copperfalls
Courtyard Cam

Courtyard 6 18 14

Live Webcam Sponsored by
Copperfalls

We have FREE Classifieds and a
Calendar for Community Events!
Click below you post yours!
Classifieds Events

ABC Special on Castle Rock "Murder for Hire" Case to Air Tonight, March 29th, 2013

To add an image go here or check our tutorial.

* To view the most recent post, click on the "Last Post" button below.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
CastleRockBound
CastleRockBound's picture
ABC Special on Castle Rock "Murder for Hire" Case to Air Tonight, March 29th, 2013

Christopher Wells
Show airs TONIGHT, March 29th at 9:00 pm on ABC.

Christopher Wells, accused of ordering a hit on his wife and brother-in-law in 2011,pleaded guilty to two counts of first degree murder on May 22, 2012 at Douglas County Justice Center. ( Denver Post file photo)

The "Murder for Hire" case happened on Feb. 23, 2011 in Castle Rock resulting in the murder of two people.

Almost two years later, ABC 20/20 film crews had numerous trips to Castle Rock in the last 3 months to cover this tragedy and filmed 2 segments in Castle Rock at the Theatre of Dreams. The show is called " The Ultimate Betrayal" - It is just one of the segments, not an entire special on our Castle Rock story as originally planned.

This T.V. Special is to air tonight, Friday, March 29th. The ABC 20/20 Sunday Special will be at 9 pm Mountain Time.

Interviews with Castle Rock detectives will be included as well as interviews with the family of the victims. The murderer, Christopher B. Wells, 50, was a former Chippendales dancer and a recreation of a Chippendales scene was filmed at Theatre of Dreams in Castle Rock last month as well.

FILE:

Two sentenced to life without parole in Douglas County murder-for-hire case

POSTED: 03/23/2012 01:00:00 AM MDT

UPDATED: 03/23/2012 04:11:20 AM MDT

By Kirk Mitchell

The Denver Post

CASTLE ROCK — The man who contracted to kill his wife, sister and brother-in-law and the ex-soldier who dressed like a ninja and butchered two of the three in a Douglas County home were sentenced Thursday to life without parole Thursday in district court.

Christopher Wells, 50, and Josiah Sher, 27, were convicted of killing Wells' estranged wife, Amara Wells, 39, and brother-in-law, Robert Rafferty, in Rafferty's Douglas County home Feb. 23, 2011.

Wells' 7-year-old daughter witnessed the murders. As part of the plea, Wells was allowed to record a message to her but then was barred from ever contacting her again

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17544134

CastleRockBound
CastleRockBound's picture

AIR DATE POSTPONED!!

Apparently the show was bumped for something else in that time slot. We will let you know as soon as we have the NEW DATE!

Rocky Mountain High
Rocky Mountain High's picture

Thank you for letting us know that it is tonight,  I was wondering when they were going to put it back on the list.  

Cinnamongirl
Cinnamongirl's picture

Wow,  I watched the program.  The guy even tried to  kill his sister even.  And he got a guy that had a bunch of kids to do this?  What had human life become.  The story relly touched me.  How sad all the way around and the sister has to feel so awful.  It sounds like Douglas county tried.   It was good to hear the whole story.

:WOW:   :faint:

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.  Anyone who keeps learning stays young. Henry Ford

Stevect1
Stevect1's picture

I just cannot agree that Douglas County did much of anything in trying to protect these folks. Again (as I mentioned in one of my posts) ask somebody who has stood in front of the court for violating a restraining / protective order what happened to them (in other Colorado counties). Each text, every phone call, etc was a violation, and each violation (per Colorado Statutes, rules of procedure, etc), the court could have found him in contempt for each act.....but they did not.